Frequently asked questions
Chlorine vs Salt water
- Lower chlorine levels are gentler on the eyes and skin
- Research indicates that saltwater systems may be safer than chlorine pools
- Soft-feeling water is desirable
- Less maintenance is required compared to traditionally chlorinated swimming pools
- Initial cost of installation can be expensive
- Salt cells require periodic cleaning and maintenance
- Saltwater systems can cause corrosion of metal fixtures and equipment if the pool is not bonded properly
Energy efficient calculator and information
VSF technology allows you to spend less time at the pool pad adjusting your pump settings and more time enjoying your pool while saving energy.
Structural engineering for a pool requires careful planning and design. The engineer will need to consider the size and shape of the pool, soil and subsoil conditions, local building codes, and other environmental factors. They will also need to evaluate the structural integrity of the pool and its components, and assess any potential risks. The engineer will then determine the best materials and methods to ensure the pool is properly constructed and safe. They may also suggest additional features to enhance the safety of the pool, such as fencing and safety covers.
What does a geotechnical survey include?
- Site reconnaissance – Visually inspect the site to gain an understanding of the geological and topographical characteristics of the area.
- Subsurface exploration – Drilling or digging to expose and sample the soil and bedrock to determine soil type and strength, as well as to identify subsurface conditions that could affect the proposed project.
- Soil and groundwater sampling – Collect soil and groundwater samples for laboratory testing to determine the physical, chemical, and biological properties of the soil and groundwater.
- Laboratory analysis – Test samples in the laboratory to determine their properties and potential for use in the proposed project.
- Interpretation and reporting – Interpret the data collected during the survey and provide a detailed report with recommendations.